greetings and random updates
We're back from the beach (#36, omg) and I did send postcards to those I have addresses for, but I may have forgotten to put my fannish pseud on some of them, so if you get a postcard from South Carolina and you can't figure out who sent it to you, it's probably me, lol.
It was ridiculously hot this year (we went in August to accommodate assorted teaching schedules but will not be doing that again, apologies to our professor kids but ugh, we couldn't even play bocce until after the sun set, and even then it was better if we came directly out of the ocean to let the breeze be filtered by the water) and pretty low key, but #2's partner joined us for the first time, which was very fun; and we had a birthday to celebrate, which entailed eggs benedict for 15 and entirely too many Nothing-Bundt-Cake little baby bundts in more-or-less every flavor they offered, so y'know, typical Beach Week shenanigans.
Then I adulted really hard and got my screening colonoscopy done and god, that prep is so vile. The actual test is fine but that drink (even the low volume protocol) is nearly unbearable. Fortunately, I'm clear and don't have to do it again for another 10 years (blessings upon my brother for doing it every year--he got my mom's problems there.)
BUT. Because I did the evil thing, I took myself out on new-bookstore date the next day, which was delightful. And BabyBoy made Dolly Parton's recipe for banana pudding, which involves almost a dozen eggs, waaaaaaay more butter and sugar than you really want to think about, and 2 boxes of Nilla wafers as a treat for me. And then, circumstances being what they are in this bad, bad timeline, we ate it while watching Tim Curry run around and completely commit to the farce in Clue.
Coming soon: reading, watching, playing, crafting
It was ridiculously hot this year (we went in August to accommodate assorted teaching schedules but will not be doing that again, apologies to our professor kids but ugh, we couldn't even play bocce until after the sun set, and even then it was better if we came directly out of the ocean to let the breeze be filtered by the water) and pretty low key, but #2's partner joined us for the first time, which was very fun; and we had a birthday to celebrate, which entailed eggs benedict for 15 and entirely too many Nothing-Bundt-Cake little baby bundts in more-or-less every flavor they offered, so y'know, typical Beach Week shenanigans.
Then I adulted really hard and got my screening colonoscopy done and god, that prep is so vile. The actual test is fine but that drink (even the low volume protocol) is nearly unbearable. Fortunately, I'm clear and don't have to do it again for another 10 years (blessings upon my brother for doing it every year--he got my mom's problems there.)
BUT. Because I did the evil thing, I took myself out on new-bookstore date the next day, which was delightful. And BabyBoy made Dolly Parton's recipe for banana pudding, which involves almost a dozen eggs, waaaaaaay more butter and sugar than you really want to think about, and 2 boxes of Nilla wafers as a treat for me. And then, circumstances being what they are in this bad, bad timeline, we ate it while watching Tim Curry run around and completely commit to the farce in Clue.
Coming soon: reading, watching, playing, crafting

no subject
no subject
no subject
Glad you enjoyed another beach week.
no subject
no subject
no subject