yay, autumn
FINALLY.
The temperature dropped 30° (F) overnight on Friday and we haven't gotten above 75° since, with no humidity and lovely breezes and hurray, I am cautiously optimistic that we're done with summer. I actually had to put a light sweatshirt on while I was re-mulching / re-graveling the path through the wooded area in the front of the house this morning. Very exciting!
In random, fannish-adjacent news, Oldest has persuaded BabyBoy to listen to some Vorkosigan audiobooks, so I've been pleasantly revisiting Shards of Honor and Barrayar when we're in adjacent spaces. And wow, it is HARD to keep a straight face as events begin to unfold once C gets to Barrayar. I've been able to keep my comments to generic platitudes, like, "huh, a lot really does happen in this book." I'm very proud of myself.
And finally, I'm about to kick off a season of travel here, so stay tuned for a quick address entry post if you'd like a postcard from Orlando/Disney World and/or Asheville/the Blue Ridge parkway area.
The temperature dropped 30° (F) overnight on Friday and we haven't gotten above 75° since, with no humidity and lovely breezes and hurray, I am cautiously optimistic that we're done with summer. I actually had to put a light sweatshirt on while I was re-mulching / re-graveling the path through the wooded area in the front of the house this morning. Very exciting!
In random, fannish-adjacent news, Oldest has persuaded BabyBoy to listen to some Vorkosigan audiobooks, so I've been pleasantly revisiting Shards of Honor and Barrayar when we're in adjacent spaces. And wow, it is HARD to keep a straight face as events begin to unfold once C gets to Barrayar. I've been able to keep my comments to generic platitudes, like, "huh, a lot really does happen in this book." I'm very proud of myself.
And finally, I'm about to kick off a season of travel here, so stay tuned for a quick address entry post if you'd like a postcard from Orlando/Disney World and/or Asheville/the Blue Ridge parkway area.

no subject